Sanatana Yog Sandesh Amsterdam is a Traditional School Of Tantra and Applied Yogic Science registered and established in the beautiful capital of The Netherlands, Amsterdam. We are a group of individuals who aim to express the wisdom and experience of Tantra and Yoga in its pure form, applicable according to the needs and limitations of an individual irrespective of caste, creed, cult, religion, nationality and what so ever. The very term “Sanatana” means continuity and eternity and Sandesh” means message. Therefore, Tantra and Yoga at Sanatana Yog Sandesh Amsterdam is, as it was and as it shall ever be with purity, integrity and unity.
Our Yoga School offers varied group of Yoga Programmes with spirit of service and dedication for the greater good of every one we come across. We welcome each one of you at our school to work and practice together which can be practically helpful in our daily life
Tantra means “system”. The Sanskrit word Tantra combines two words, “tanoti” and “tarayati” which means expanding the consciousness (mind) and liberating the energy. The subject matter of Tantra is “mind”. In other way, it is the science of seeing, feeling, knowing the infinite in and through the finite. Tantra encompasses all aspects of life, whether material or transcendental. It has been a way of life for various diverse groups of people throughout the world. According to possible facts, Tantra included around 14000 different books of which Varahi Tantra enumerates some of the main topics that Tantra deal with. Into these topics, Yoga and Ayurveda are also included.
The literal meaning of the Sanskrit word Yoga means ‘unity’ or ‘oneness’. This unity or joining at super-conscious level means the unity of the individual soul with the supreme soul. The term Yoga has been defined by many great people in various ways. The great sage Patanjali writes in Yoga Sutra that “Yoga is the cessation of the modifications of the mind”. Yoga evolved from Tantra and it is one of the subjects matters of Tantra. Practically Yoga provides means to balance, harmonise body, mind and emotion. Yoga is the science of religion, metaphysics and extra-sensory phenomenon. It is a very logical answer to all kinds of mysticism, theology and supernatural discussion.
- Yoga and Meditation Class: We have daily classes of Yoga and Meditation in a week. Each day in a week, there are certain times from morning to evening, when we have different Yoga sessions including Meditation, lectures on important topics of Tantra, Yoga, topics relevant to Yoga and Meditation, Kirtan (Devotional Chanting), Holy rituals and so on.
- Private Yoga Session: We offer private Yoga session if so requested.
- Yoga Therapy: We offer special Yoga class for people with physical, mental and emotional health issues. Effect of Yoga practices on human body and mind are now scientific facts. We can be approached for this.
- Yoga Workshop: This includes workshops of Yoga, Meditation, Lectures, Kirtan (Devotional Chanting), Holy rituals, Yoga for Kids, Yoga During Pregnancy, Yoga in Prison, Hospitals, Clubs, Communities, Schools, Colleges, Universities and so on which we organise if so requested.
- Ayurveda Class: Sessions of Ayurvedic massage, healing and cooking etc.
- Yoga and Meditation Retreat: We offer worldwide Yoga and Meditation retreats, Lectures on important Tantra, Yoga Books and Topics relevant to Yoga and Meditation, Kirtan (Devotional Chanting), Holy rituals and so on.
- Yoga Teacher Training Course: We offer worldwide Yoga Teacher Training for 200 hrs, 300 hrs and 500 hrs recognised by Yoga Alliance USA. The Teacher Training Courses are of different levels. Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course and Yoga Lifestyle Teacher Training Course are for the strong foundation for Yoga and evolution. Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training, Kriya Yoga Teacher Training and Raja Yoga Teacher Training are spiritual in nature and training methods.
- Yoga Shop: At very reasonable prices we sell, Yoga related things like: Copper water bottle, Singing bowls, Indian traditional paintings, Yoga Cushions for Meditation, Beads, God’s images, Traditional Indian hanging bags, cloths and so on.
Please write to us for any of the services you like. We are here to offer the best.
We are located in a very peaceful part of Amsterdam. Around us, there are organised flats, beautiful parks, schools for children, colleges, nature, lake, car parking and easy transportation. We are surrounded by different group of people from various walks of life. This makes us very busy with lots of chances to offer Yoga and Meditation for the well-being of all. The best of all, we are in the very centre of an international city which makes us approachable from all places of the world.
We are very glad to be able to found our school with great hopes and feelings to offer genuine Yoga Classes. We welcome each one of you to give us a chance to serve you all the best in humility and respect. Our work is very noble and our approach is ethically sound. We pray, God may fulfil your desires. We look forward seeing you all at our Yoga School.