300 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Course
Sanatana Yog Sandesh Amsterdam offers worldwide Yoga Teacher Training Courses for 200 hrs, 300 hrs and 500 hrs recognized by Yoga Alliance USA. The Yoga Teacher Training Course are done of different kinds such as Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course, Yogic Lifestyle Teacher Training Course, Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Course, Kriya Yoga Teacher Training Course and Raja Yoga Teacher Training Course. The Yoga Teacher Training Courses are aimed at preparing good teachers of Yoga with sufficient efficiency.
300 Hours Yoga teacher training course is a fully residential course systematic designed for theory as well as practical classes of Hatha Yoga. In this course, all the components of Hatha Yoga such as Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha and Shatkarma are discussed at deeper level such as energy, psyche and physiological equilibrium. The most important aspect of this course is that it brings an individual into a state of body, mind, emotion and energy which opens the door to other branches of Yoga such as Kriya and Kundalini Yoga. In a broader view, this course is one of the gateways to Kundalini Yoga and Kriya Yoga for spiritual evolution. The course lets one know what lies further beyond and allows one to gain more experience to be not only a more experienced and knowledgeable Yoga teacher but also a sincere Yoga individual.
Yoga Teacher Training and assessment – The entire teacher training is the assessment of the students at all levels including practical and written tests. At the successful completion of the course an aspirant will be conferred upon a certificate indicating that the aspirant is qualified to impart the techniques in which he or she has been trained.
What is included – Study, course material, vegetarian food, accommodation and Wi-Fi.
What is not included – Flight tickets, Tours and trips around, Medical assistance and things for personal requirements.
*Transfer from airport to accommodation is arranged on payment.
Pre-requisites – Here are a few things which the participants should be aware of before joining the course. They are –
- The participants should have already completed 200 hours Yoga teacher training course.
- They should be able to practice discipline of Yoga such as purity, punctuality, early waking up, participation is the daily activities and so on.
- They should be able to motivate themselves to continue with the life-style, the school prescribes for them such as on time classes, food and other guidelines according to the need.
|Certification – The certificate will be granted by Sanatana Yog Sandesh, Yoga School which is certified by Yoga Alliance USA and Yoga Alliance International which provide the chances to use the certificate for career and job opportunities.|
- Providing the requisite training of Hatha Yoga to the participants.
- Endeavour to blossom into integrated personalities with balance of head, heart and hand.
- Unearthing the true principles of Hatha Yoga and their components to the participants in the easiest possible way as well as in a practical manner.
- To offer to the world at large well trained Hatha Yoga Teachers.
- Good command on English language as this is the medium of education.
- Medical fitness; physical as well as mental. In cases otherwise we must be detailed the individual limitation along with medical report.
1. Techniques, Training, Practice (75 Hours) – It incorporates several levels of topics, techniques, practices, trainings of Hatha Yoga which students will study in the Yoga teacher training course. They are – Historical context of Asana, specific Asana from the school’s lineage, complete sequencing (asana, pranayama, meditation) to achieve particular effect, shared anatomical and alignment principles plus contraindications, historical context of pranayama and subtle body, effects of pranayama on anatomy and subtle body, complete sequencing of pranayama safely, including alternatives and adaptations, different types of pranayama types, koshas, kleshas, chakra, nadis and prana vayus, key terms of meditation, meditation methods by lineage, ability to practice school’s chosen meditation practice, chanting, mantras and mudras.
Elective – sacred sound, singing bowl, ayurveda tri-dosha basic knowledge.
The involved practices are –
Asana – (different basic postures from Hatha Yoga such as purificatory asana for lightness and purification of body, standing, supine, prone – (backward, forward, spine twist), inversion and balance.
Pranayama – techniques for correction of breath, breathing to heat and energize, breathing to balancing, breathing to cool and harmonize.
Mudra – gesture of hands, fingers and body to affect energy in body.
Bandha – practices of locking the energy in body.
Shat-karma – practices for purification of body in Yoga.
Meditation – practices for mind management such as study of sitting asana, Yogic breathing with awareness, peace establishment, Stillness of body, awareness of senses, awareness of thought process and Yoga Nidra.
Mantra Chanting – chanting and practice of important mantras for well-being and auspiciousness in life.
Singing Bowls – practice of sound healing.
2. Anatomy and Physiology (30 Hours) –
Anatomy – Skeletal system – major bones, types of joints, major muscles involved in asana, types of contraction
Physiology – Nervous system including ‘fight, flight, freeze’ stress response, vagal theory, overall mind-body connection, cardiovascular/circulatory, endocrine, digestive systems as they relate to yoga practice, respiratory system, incl. muscles that affect breathing, involuntary vs. voluntary breath, and how air enters and leaves the body.
Biomechanics – types of joint movement, joint stabilization, safe movement as it pertains to balancing, stretching, awareness and physical limitations, contraindications, misalignments, adaptations.
Elective – additional study on modern physio about bones, joints, muscles and their movements.
3. Yoga Humanities (30 Hours) –
History – The term ‘Yoga’, historical perspective of Yoga, Yoga in ancient texts, school’s lineage, style and methodology, important dates and key ideas – Vedic period, Pre-classical era, Classical era, Middle Ages, Hatha Yoga 11 Century, Colonial era, Modern revival – 19th century with Swami Vivekananda and other great saints and Yogis, Vedas, Vedanta and Hatha.
Philosophy – definition of Yoga and key terms, relationship between asana, pranayama and meditation with reference from Yoga sutra and according to school’s approach, texts of Yoga – important topics from Yoga Sutra, relationship, message and similarity between Yoga Sutra, Bhagavad Gita and Hatha Yoga Pradipika, self-reflection on how philosophy relates to practice.
Ethics – Awareness of Yoga Sutras or similar Yogic ethical precepts, relationship to Yoga Alliance’s ethical commitment, comprehension of and responsibility to increase equity in Yoga, accountability measures, self-reflection on how Yoga ethics relate to practice and teaching.
Elective – Aum definition, Aum sound and inner sound awareness.
4. Professional Essentials (50 Hours) –
Teaching Methodology – sequencing, pace, environment, cueing (verbal, visual, physical), class management.
Professional Development – Yoga-related professional organizations including the Yoga Alliance credentialing process, ethical commitment, including scope of practice, code of conduct and equity position statement, lifetime of learning and continuing education, general professionalism, including timeliness, consistency, cleanliness, liability insurance, waivers and invoicing.
Elective – marketing tools, online Yoga business, websites, promotion, profession and career.
Practicum – knowledge, skills, experience across 12 key competencies, mentorship component, including apprenticeship and feedback.
Suggested Yoga Books for 200 Hours Yoga teacher training course –
Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha – Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Raja Yoga – Swami Vivekananda or
Four Chapters of freedom – Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Yoga Darshan – Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati
Anatomy and Physiology – not specified
The daily schedule starts by 5am. All students should wake up at this time except in some contingencies. The programmes are tentative and subject to change according to need. All classes are held for 6 days in a week.
- 5.30am to 7am – Personal practices (recommended ones)
- 7am to 7.15am – Herbal tea/Drink
- 7.30am to 9.30am – Hatha Yoga Asana and Pranayama followed by Relaxation
- 9.30am to 10.30am – Big Meal (lunch)
- 10.30am to 11.30am – Rest
- 11.30am to 12.30pm – Lecture (Anatomy, Philosophy etc.)
- 1pm to 1.30pm – Fruit/fruit juice
- 2pm to 3.30pm – Meditation, Relaxation: Lecture and practice and Vice-versa)
- 3.30pm to 4.30 – personal cleaning and Karma Yoga
- 4.30pm to 6.30pm – Asana, Alignment and Adjustments (theory and practical training, teaching practices)
- 6.30pm to 7.30pm – Dinner
- 7.30 to 8.30pm – Kirtan, Chanting and video show etc. (optional session)
- 9pm – Bed time
2150 Euro only including food and accommodation for one person (both in single bed room and sharing rooms). The course fee is calculated from the day of the commencement of the course until the concluding day of the course. The arrival of the student before the commencement of the course and staying of the students after the concluding day of the course don’t come under the concerned course fee. The students have to pay the extra fee for the concerned days.
- The Course Fee includes accommodation and required vegetarian food for 22 nights, text books, a note book, a pen, a new Yoga mat, Jala neti pot, education, private consultation etc.
- The fee does not include Flight tickets, airport Pickups and drop backs, day tours, tours after and before course, any other transport costs and students’ personal expense in miscellaneous ways.
Our 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Course would take place on 1 April to 21 April, 2022
Sign up soon to don´t miss your spot!
Deposit – A non-refundable deposit of 300 Euro only plus transaction charges/commissions is required to confirm the candidature in Yoga teacher training course.
Cancellation of the application for the course – For the time being we do not provide this facility. Therefore, properly decide before you deposit the amount for the course.
Remaining Payment – The remainer payments can be made after arrival.
Accommodation, Food & Drink etc. – We would help you with your accomodation and if you need just get in touch with us and we would provide you all the information.