200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Course
Sanatana Yog Sandesh Amsterdam offers worldwide Yoga Teacher Training Courses for 200 hours and 300 hours recognized by Yoga Alliance USA. The Yoga Teacher Training Courses are done of different kinds such as Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course, Yogic Lifestyle Teacher Training Course, Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Course, Kriya Yoga Teacher Training Course and Raja Yoga Teacher Training Course. The Yoga Teacher Training Courses are aimed at preparing good teachers of Yoga with sufficient efficiency.
200 Hours Yoga teacher training course is a multistyle Yoga (Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga and Yin Yoga) training. It is fully residential. In the course Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha and Shat-karma are taught at their basic and intermediate level. The study prepares one with sufficient knowledge for teaching.
Yoga Teacher Training and assessment – The assessment of the students in the training includes practical and written tests. The successful candidate is awarded the certificate.
What is included – Study, Course material, Vegetarian food, 22 days accommodation and Wifi.
What is not included – Flight tickets, Tours and trips around, Medical assistance and things for personal requirements.
*Transfer from airport to accommodation is arranged on payment.
Pre-requisites – Here are a few things which the participants should be aware of before joining the course. They are –
- Basic understanding of Yoga practices.
- Ready to follow the disciplines of Yoga such as punctuality, waking up early, participation is the daily activities and so on.
|Certification – The certificate will be granted by Sanatana Yog Sandesh, Yoga School which is certified by Yoga Alliance USA and Yoga Alliance International which provide the chances to use the certificate for career and job opportunities.|
- Providing required training of Yoga to the participants.
- Showing the way to be with balance of head, heart and hand.
- Allowing the participants to know the true principles of Yoga and their components in the best possible way as well as in a practical manner.
- To offer to the world trained Yoga Teachers.
21 days (3 weeks) – 21 days. With the day of arrival this becomes 22 days.
The course is open to everyonewith the following points –
- Good command on English language as this is the medium of education.
- Medical fitness; physical as well as mental.
1. Techniques, Training, Practice (75 Hours) – It incorporates several levels of topics, techniques, practices, trainings of Hatha Yoga which students will study in the Yoga teacher training course. They are – Historical context of Asana, specific Asana from the school’s lineage, complete sequencing (asana, pranayama, meditation) to achieve particular effect, shared anatomical and alignment principles plus contraindications, historical context of pranayama and subtle body, effects of pranayama on anatomy and subtle body, complete sequencing of pranayama safely, including alternatives and adaptations, different types of pranayama types, koshas, kleshas, chakra, nadis and prana vayus, key terms of meditation, meditation methods by lineage, ability to practice school’s chosen meditation practice, chanting, mantras and mudras.
Elective – sacred sound, singing bowl, ayurveda tri-dosha basic knowledge.
The involved practices are –
Asana – (different basic postures from Hatha Yoga such as purificatory asana for lightness and purification of body, standing, supine, prone – (backward, forward, spine twist), inversion and balance.
Pranayama – techniques for correction of breath, breathing to heat and energize, breathing to balancing, breathing to cool and harmonize.
Mudra – gesture of hands, fingers and body to affect energy in body.
Bandha – practices of locking the energy in body.
Shat-karma – practices for purification of body in Yoga.
Meditation – practices for mind management such as study of sitting asana, Yogic breathing with awareness, peace establishment, Stillness of body, awareness of senses, awareness of thought process and Yoga Nidra.
Mantra Chanting – chanting and practice of important mantras for well-being and auspiciousness in life.
Singing Bowls – practice of sound healing.
2. Anatomy and Physiology (30 Hours) –
Anatomy – Skeletal system – major bones, types of joints, major muscles involved in asana, types of contraction
Physiology – Nervous system including ‘fight, flight, freeze’ stress response, vagal theory, overall mind-body connection, cardiovascular/circulatory, endocrine, digestive systems as they relate to yoga practice, respiratory system, incl. muscles that affect breathing, involuntary vs. voluntary breath, and how air enters and leaves the body.
Biomechanics – types of joint movement, joint stabilization, safe movement as it pertains to balancing, stretching, awareness and physical limitations, contraindications, misalignments, adaptations.
Elective – additional study on modern physio about bones, joints, muscles and their movements.
3. Yoga Humanities (30 Hours) –
History – The term ‘Yoga’, historical perspective of Yoga, Yoga in ancient texts, school’s lineage, style and methodology, important dates and key ideas – Vedic period, Pre-classical era, Classical era, Middle Ages, Hatha Yoga 11 Century, Colonial era, Modern revival – 19th century with Swami Vivekananda and other great saints and Yogis, Vedas, Vedanta and Hatha.
Philosophy – definition of Yoga and key terms, relationship between asana, pranayama and meditation with reference from Yoga sutra and according to school’s approach, texts of Yoga – important topics from Yoga Sutra, relationship, message and similarity between Yoga Sutra, Bhagavad Gita and Hatha Yoga Pradipika, self-reflection on how philosophy relates to practice.
Ethics – Awareness of Yoga Sutras or similar Yogic ethical precepts, relationship to Yoga Alliance’s ethical commitment, comprehension of and responsibility to increase equity in Yoga, accountability measures, self-reflection on how Yoga ethics relate to practice and teaching.
Elective – Aum definition, Aum sound and inner sound awareness.
4. Professional Essentials (50 Hours) –
Teaching Methodology – sequencing, pace, environment, cueing (verbal, visual, physical), class management.
Professional Development – Yoga-related professional organizations including the Yoga Alliance credentialing process, ethical commitment, including scope of practice, code of conduct and equity position statement, lifetime of learning and continuing education, general professionalism, including timeliness, consistency, cleanliness, liability insurance, waivers and invoicing.
Elective – marketing tools, online Yoga business, websites, promotion, profession and career.
Practicum – knowledge, skills, experience across 12 key competencies, mentorship component, including apprenticeship and feedback.
Suggested Yoga Books for 200 Hours Yoga teacher training course –
Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha – Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Raja Yoga – Swami Vivekananda or
Four Chapters of freedom – Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Yoga Darshan – Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati
Anatomy and Physiology – not specified
The daily schedule starts by 7am. All students should wake up at this time except in some contingencies. The programmes are tentative and subject to change according to need. All classes are held for 6 days in a week.
- 7.30am to 9.30am – Asana and Pranayama followed by Relaxation
- 9.30am to 10.30am – Big Meal (lunch)
- 10.30am to 11.30am – Rest
- 11.30am to 12.30pm – Lecture (Anatomy, Yoga Humanities etc.)
- 1pm to 1.30pm – Fruit/fruit juice
- 2pm to 3.30pm –Meditation and Relaxation (lecture, practice and Vice-versa), Professional essentials – teaching methodology, professional development, practicum and Yoga business tools
- 3.30pm to 4.30 – personal cleaning and Karma Yoga
- 4.30pm to 6.30pm – Asana alignment and adjustments (theory and practical training with teaching practices), Kirtan, Chanting and video show etc. (optional session)
- 6.30pm to 7.30pm – Dinner
- 9.30pm – Bed time
2500 Euro only including food and accommodation for one person (both in single bed room and sharing rooms). The course fee is calculated from the day of the commencement of the course until the concluding day of the course. The arrival of the student before the commencement of the course and staying of the students after the concluding day of the course don’t come under the concerned course fee. The students have to pay the extra fee for the concerned days.
Our 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Course would take place on 1 April to 21 April, 2022
Sign up soon to don´t miss your spot!
Registration – Please Apply or contact us via our email – (email@example.com) to check availability. When we confirm we have place will request to fill in the registration form online. Then you need to make non-refundable deposit to finally enroll the course.
Deposit – A non-refundable deposit of 300 Euro only plus transaction charges/commissions is required to confirm the candidature in Yoga teacher training course.
Cancellation of the application for the course – For the time being we do not provide this facility. Therefore, properly decide before you deposit the amount for the course.
Remaining Payment – The remainer payments can be made after arrival.
Accommodation, Food & Drink etc. – We would help you with your accomodation and if you need just get in touch with us and we would provide you all the information.